Machine Operator (Fill Tech) - 1st Shift
Clorox is the place that’s committed to growth – for our people and our brands. Guided by our purpose and values, and with people at the center of everything we do, we believe every one of us can make a positive impact on consumers, communities, and teammates. Join our team. #CloroxIsThePlace
Your role at Clorox:To ensure safe operation and maintenance of equipment, perform changeovers, set-up equipment, clean and sanitize the equipment, assist in equipment maintenance and repairs.
In this role, you will:
- Adhere to all Safety regulations
- Conduct assigned Quality Audits/Inspections and accurately complete all associated paperwork to ensure all products meet set quality standards. Ensure proper operation of equipment
- Maintain current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP)
- Perform line changeovers and set up equipment
- Follow guidelines for proper cleaning and sanitizing of equipment.
- Complete equipment maintenance records
- Complete OEE tracker sheet
- Ability to use production bill of materials to identify product and components by name and by description necessary to complete scheduled production order.
- Resolve product and equipment issues and problems
- Alert the Shift Lead and/or the Business Unit Leader immediately if there are any safety concerns or equipment downtime issues.
- May train and instruct production associates
- Recommend proactive action to remedy problems with equipment, componentry, raw materials or product
- Assist in the mechanical procedures of the production line, including assisting equipment maintenance, repairs, and preventative maintenance
- Communicate issues out of the norm to Business Unit Leader
- Maintain excellent team-oriented working relationship among team members.
- Participate in improvement teams to improve line efficiency, etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned
What we look for:
- Two (2) years of machining experience with set-up, change-over, shut-down capabilities in a manufacturing environment.
- Previous manufacturing experience with adherence to a manufacturing schedule.
- Physically capable of lifting 50 pounds and Pushing or pulling weight in excess of 1000 pounds with a manual hand truck.
- High School Diploma required. Some post high school education is preferred.
- Mechanical aptitude and demonstrated experience fixing equipment strongly preferred (Standard Timing Model Machine).
- Must achieve minimum required score on Mechanical Aptitude Test (Bennett Test)
- Demonstrated ability in analytical reasoning skills is required.
- Demonstrated abilities of resourcefulness, good judgment, attention to details and a strong work ethic are required.
- Good basic math and reading comprehension skills
- Must speak and write English
- Must achieve minimum required score of 4 or greater on each Work Keys tests.
Starting Base Pay: $22.28 per hour; Shift Differential: No
We seek out and celebrate diverse backgrounds and experiences. We’re looking for fresh perspectives, a desire to bring your best, and a non-stop drive to keep growing and learning.
At Clorox, we have a Culture of Inclusion. We believe our values-based culture connects to our purpose and helps our people be the best versions of themselves, professionally and personally. This means building a workplace where every person can feel respected, valued, and fully able to participate in our Clorox community. Learn more about our I&D program & initiatives here.
Benefits we offer to help you be well and thrive:
- Competitive compensation
- Generous 401(k) program in the US and similar programs in international
- Health benefits and programs that support both your physical and mental well-being
- Flexible work environment, depending on your role
- Meaningful opportunities to keep learning and growing
- Half-day Fridays, depending on your location
Please apply directly to our job postings and do not submit your resume to any person via text message. Clorox does not conduct text-based interviews and encourages you to be cautious of anyone posing as a Clorox recruiter via unsolicited texts during these uncertain times.
To all recruitment agencies: Clorox (and its brand families) does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to Clorox employees, including any members of our leadership team. Clorox is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.