Manufacturing Engineer, Product Lifecycle and Technical Operations
Note: Google’s hybrid workplace includes remote roles.
Remote location: Thailand.
- 7 years of experience in manufacturing.
- Experience with statistical product quality control, process capability, failure analysis, and process improvement.
- Experience with process and production line assembly development.
- Experience developing technical relationships with contract manufacturers.
- Experience with product data management systems (e.g., Agile, Windchill) and 3D CAD modeling tools, such as SolidWorks or Pro Engineer.
- Experience with leading design for manufacturability, hardware manufacturing, and lean manufacturing.
- Knowledge of IPC Workmanship Standards and ISO 9000.
- Ability to produce a timely and highly accurate work product.
- Excellent problem solving and organizational skills, with attention to detail.
- Ability to speak and write in Thai fluently.
About the job
Google's custom-designed equipment makes up one of the largest and most powerful computing infrastructures in the world. The Manufacturing Operations team is responsible for providing the manufacturing capability to deliver this state-of-the-art physical infrastructure. As a Manufacturing Engineer, you evaluate the product designs and create the processes, tools and procedures behind Google’s powerful search technology. When vendors build parts for our infrastructure, you’re right there alongside ensuring manufacturing processes are repeatable and controlled. You collaborate with Commodity Managers and Design Engineers to determine Google’s infrastructure needs and product specifications. Your work ensures the various pieces of Google’s infrastructure fit together perfectly and keep our systems humming along smoothly for a seamless user experience.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
- Act as the Primary Manufacturing Engineering liaison to Google new technology teams, understanding project requirements, assessing product technologies, and developing a manufacturing plan and supply chain to support it.
- Provide technical expertise and leadership throughout the product lifecycle, driving Design For Excellence, supporting New Product Introduction (NPI) builds, and developing Google's supply chain.
- Develop and distribute manufacturing documentation in support of product design, configuration, process and build requirements. Documentation to include such items as Bill of Materials (BOM), Assembly Drawings, Manufacturing Work Instructions, Tooling/Jig, etc.
- Provide support to design, manufacturing and commodity teams in selection, qualification and application of components and suppliers used in Google's products.
- Establish, deliver, and maintain the manufacturing and quality processes and standards for Google's new technologies, leveraging existing tools and processes as required.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.