Product Quality and Reliability Engineer, Google Cloud
Only applications of candidates with Mexican citizenship will be evaluated for this role in compliance with the provisions of Article 7 of the Federal Labor Law.
Please submit your resume in English - we can only consider applications submitted in this language.
Note: Google’s hybrid workplace includes remote roles.
Remote location: Mexico.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, or Materials Engineering, or equivalent practical experience.
- 7 years of experience in quality of computing hardware and engineering issue resolution.
- Experience with cloud hardware infrastructure systems.
- Experience in data analysis and visualization (e.g., JMP, Python, SQL, or equivalent).
- Master's degree or PhD in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, or Materials Engineering, or other relevant engineering discipline.
- Certified Reliability/Quality Engineer (CRE/CQE) certification or equivalent experience.
- 10 years of experience in Quality, Manufacturing, or Product Engineering of cloud hardware technology or electronic hardware systems.
- Experience leading cross-functional engineering teams using a practical and solution-oriented approach.
- Experience with advanced statistical or statistics based methodologies (e.g., design of experiments, statistical process controls, six sigma, etc.).
- Experience of technical leadership, project management, and executive communication.
About the job
As a Product Quality and Reliability Engineer, you will lead product related activities between engineering teams and suppliers. This includes identifying, managing risks, and communicating project goals to stakeholders. In this role, you will evaluate the product designs and create the processes, tools, and procedures to help continuously improve our products and manufacturing process. You will work very closely with various highly skilled design and manufacturing engineering teams, product operations, and supply chain teams to ensure the product represents the very best of Google's brand and ensures a quality of service beyond today’s standards.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
- Lead Quality Engineering for multiple high complexity compute products, from qualification through large-scale deployment, that involve new technologies or new uses of multiple existing technologies.
- Provide technical leadership, set priorities, and drive resolution of complex technical issues for a robust product quality and predictable field deployment.
- Analyze manufacturing and field data to extract actionable insights and areas of opportunity for continuous improvement.
- Initiate, drive, and implement innovative product, process, tools development/improvement projects, independently and in a cross-functional environment.
- Monitor, review, and present product performance data and metrics to stakeholders in a concise and clear way that enables data-driven decision making.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.