Microspace Electronics - Telecommunications Technician
Microspace Electronics – Telecommunications Technician - Raleigh
Who We Are: https://microspace.com/about/
This internship is open to rising Juniors and Seniors at NCCU, Shaw University and St. Augustine’s University. Please note, students should apply to one internship only.
This position will work alongside the engineering team. They will be responsible for assisting in the maintenance, troubleshooting , equipment installation and support of our satellite uplink facility.
- Assist with troubleshooting and maintenance of microwave radio amplifiers and data communications equipment.
- Repairing, installing, modifying, and upgrading telecommunications systems and related satellite hardware.
- Identify technical faults using test equipment and monitoring systems.
- Verifies service by testing circuits, equipment and alarms; and identifying, correcting, or escalating problems.
- Documents network by labeling equipment and cables and recording configuration diagrams and specifications.
- Strong computer and troubleshooting skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft office suite of software.
- Understanding of AC and DC power and battery backup systems: generators and UPS.
- Knowledge of test equipment: DMM, signal generators, oscilloscope, spectrum analyzer a plus.
- Ability to work with and understand radio frequency network principles.
Partnership with Leadership Triangle:
As a part of this internship, you will complete 50 hours of leadership training with Leadership Triangle. Your hours with Leadership Triangle are a paid component of the program and all sessions are mandatory. As an Emerging Leader, you will be paired with a leadership coach who will support you in five 1:1 sessions. Additionally, you will take part in a cohort-only retreat in Rocky Mount, and regularly participate in interactive workshops and training. You will be introduced to leaders throughout the Triangle community and have opportunities to network and grow your professional community. All students who successfully complete the Emerging Leaders Program will be admitted into the lifelong Goodmon Fellowship.
Emerging Leaders will be paid $6400 over the course of a 400 hour Fall internship ($16/hr), running from August 21-December 15. Additionally, each intern will receive $160 as a transportation stipend. Leadership Triangle will administer all payments. This is a cohort based program, designed to promote networking across local HBCUs.
The application deadline is May 19. Interns will be notified of an application decision during the week of June 7th.
If selected, all Emerging Leaders will be expected to join the cohort for a leadership retreat held from Saturday, September 30 - Sunday, October 1 in Rocky Mount, NC. Leadership Triangle has arranged lodging. Meals will be provided. Emerging Leaders are expected to arrange their own transportation and arrive no later than 12pm on September 30th. If transportation is an issue, please contact us at email@example.com.