WRAL Radio - Radio Sales Support Intern
WRAL Radio - Radio Sales Support Intern - Raleigh
Who We Are: https://capitolbroadcasting.com/divisions/radio/
This internship is open to rising Juniors and Seniors at NCCU, Shaw University and St. Augustine’s University. Please note, students should apply to one internship only.
- Complete modified CSS Sales Training modules
- Build extensive prospect list: Made up of self-generated and dormant former advertisers
- Research categories and creation of approach scripts for prospects
- Make calls into the marketplace with the goal of setting appointments
- Shadow sellers on TEAMS and in-person client calls
- Follow the sales process all the way through for AE’s client: from initial call through it getting on the air
- Be an active participant in the sales process from start to finish for one of their self-generated prospects
- Shadow and spend time with sales assistants learning and executing: order entry, proposal building, V-Promo, research, front desk, etc.
- Spend time with Production learning all aspects of that end of the business. Ultimately the goal would be to finalize self-created and AI assisted written and produced commercials
- Spend selected time with all other departments in the building: Engineering, Programming and Promotions
Partnership with Leadership Triangle:
As a part of this internship, you will complete 50 hours of leadership training with Leadership Triangle. Your hours with Leadership Triangle are a paid component of the program and all sessions are mandatory. As an Emerging Leader, you will be paired with a leadership coach who will support you in five 1:1 sessions. Additionally, you will take part in a cohort-only retreat in Rocky Mount, and regularly participate in interactive workshops and training. You will be introduced to leaders throughout the Triangle community and have opportunities to network and grow your professional community. All students who successfully complete the Emerging Leaders Program will be admitted into the lifelong Goodmon Fellowship.
Emerging Leaders will be paid $6400 over the course of a 400 hour Fall internship ($16/hr), running from August 21-December 15. Additionally, each intern will receive $160 as a transportation stipend. Leadership Triangle will administer all payments. This is a cohort based program, designed to promote networking across local HBCUs.
The application deadline is May 19. Interns will be notified of an application decision during the week of June 7th.
If selected, all Emerging Leaders will be expected to join the cohort for a leadership retreat held from Saturday, September 30 - Sunday, October 1 in Rocky Mount, NC. Leadership Triangle has arranged lodging. Meals will be provided. Emerging Leaders are expected to arrange their own transportation and arrive no later than 12pm on September 30th. If transportation is an issue, please contact us at email@example.com.