WRAL Digital Branded Content Intern
WRAL Digital Branded Content Intern - Raleigh
Who We Are: https://capitolbroadcasting.com/divisions/digital-media/cbc-new-media-group/
This internship is open to rising Juniors and Seniors at NCCU, Shaw University and St. Augustine’s University. Please note, students should apply to one internship only.
WRAL Digital is seeking a Content Intern to assist with writing and editing branded content for local clients across North Carolina, to appear on WRAL.com - the largest local news website in the Southeast.
As a Branded Content Intern, you will be responsible for writing and editing sponsored content for our advertising partners, including story ideation, conducting source interviews and publishing work. You will work closely with our content strategist and campaign managers to develop engaging and informative content that meets the needs of our readers and advertisers.
- Assist in the creation and editing of sponsored content for our advertisers, ensuring that it meets our editorial standards and is relevant to our readers.
- Conduct interviews, research and fact-check information for accuracy
- Work collaboratively with the operations team to ensure that deadlines are met
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Strong research and fact-checking abilities
- Familiarity with AP style is a plus
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple deadlines at a time
- Strong communication skills
- Enthusiasm for news and current events
Education and Experience:
- Pursuing a degree in journalism, communications, English, or a related field
- Prior experience in writing and editing for a website, blog, or other online publication is a plus
Partnership with Leadership Triangle:
As a part of this internship, you will complete 50 hours of leadership training with Leadership Triangle. Your hours with Leadership Triangle are a paid component of the program and all sessions are mandatory. As an Emerging Leader, you will be paired with a leadership coach who will support you in five 1:1 sessions. Additionally, you will take part in a cohort-only retreat in Rocky Mount, and regularly participate in interactive workshops and training. You will be introduced to leaders throughout the Triangle community and have opportunities to network and grow your professional community.All students who successfully complete the Emerging Leaders Program will be admitted into the lifelong Goodmon Fellowship.
Emerging Leaders will be paid $6400 over the course of a 400 hour Fall internship ($16/hr), running from August 21-December 15. Additionally, each intern will receive $160 as a transportation stipend. Leadership Triangle will administer all payments. This is a cohort based program, designed to promote networking across local HBCUs.
The application deadline is May 19. Interns will be notified of an application decision during the week of June 7th.
If selected, all Emerging Leaderswill be expected to join the cohort for a leadership retreat held from Saturday, September 30 - Sunday, October 1 in Rocky Mount, NC. Leadership Triangle has arranged lodging. Meals will be provided. Emerging Leaders are expected to arrange their own transportation and arrive no later than 12pm on September 30th. If transportation is an issue, please contact us at email@example.com.