Branch and Business Center Assistant Manager
Position OverviewAt PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers. We work together each day to foster an inclusive workplace culture where all of our employees feel respected, valued and have an opportunity to contribute to the company’s success. As an Assistant Branch Manager within PNC's retail organization, you will be based in Raleigh NC .
- Accountable for the operational soundness of the branch and team, specifically the maintenance of security procedures, ensuring audit controls are followed and the support and adherence to compliance and regulatory guidelines. Manages service and operational aspects of a Branch & Business Center branch. Builds a high performing team through the attraction, on-boarding, coaching and development of branch team members. Leads through influence and impacts a broad range of eco-system partners in an omni channel environment. Drives revenue and loyalty through proactive interactions with clients.
- Influences a range of eco-system partners in an omni channel environment. Manages, coaches and executes a proactive client experience within an omni channel environment. Provides solutions and advice to improve client financial well-being. Leads effective problem resolution.
- Fosters a positive working environment that facilitates exceptional service and expanding profitable customer relationships. Grows branch revenue through acquisition and share-of-wallet growth of consumer and business households. Consistently inspects, supports and coaches the branded sales process to proactively achieve sales targets and customer loyalty.
- Drives the employee engagement experience. Responsible for acquiring and retaining talent through the training, coaching and development of employees with a focus on bank protocol, operational processes, policies and procedures. Coaches employees to achieve performance and activity expectations. Leads the performance management process for direct reports.
- Responsible for the Branch & Business Center risk process through proper oversight and adherence to regulatory, security and audit requirements. Trains and coaches team members with operational/risk activities and monitors adherence to policies and procedures. Exercises sound decision making to identify and mitigate potential risk. Manages operational, human capital, reputational and business risk through adherence to established policies and procedures.
PNC Employees take pride in our reputation and to continue building upon that we expect our employees to be:
- Customer Focused - Knowledgeable of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions and able to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
- Managing Risk - Assessing and effectively managing all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure they adhere to and support PNC's Enterprise Risk Management Framework.
PNC also has fundamental expectations of our people managers. As a manager of talent in PNC, you will be expected to:
- Include Intentionally - Cultivates diverse teams and inclusive workplaces to expand thinking.
- Live the Values - Role models our values with transparency and courage.
- Enable Change - Takes action to drive change and innovation that will transform our business.
- Achieve Results - Takes personal ownership to deliver results. Empowers and trusts others in decision making.
- Develop the Best - Raises the bar with every talent decision and guides the achievement of all employees and customers.
CompetenciesBranch Banking Services – Knowledge of the responsibilities, issues, regulations, business practices, and operations of retail banking branches; ability to provide qualified services to customers.Decision Making and Critical Thinking – Understanding of the issues related to the decision-making process; ability to analyze situations fully and accurately, and reach productive decisions.Digital Awareness – Shares, shows and supports clients on a variety of technological digital and online tools and resources allowing them to explore solutions to achieve their financial goals and financial well-being through the PNC conversation.Effective Communications – Understanding of effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.Managing Multiple Priorities – Ability to manage multiple concurrent objectives, projects, groups, or activities, making effective judgments as to prioritizing and time allocation.Sales Management – Develops sales strategies that incorporate client segments, market opportunities, competitive forces and sales force effectiveness. Identifies priorities and ensures sales teams execute against plans that focus on deepening client relationships, elevating market share and increasing share of wallet. Drives sales teams to build a strong pipeline of prospects and clients.Selling. – Applies knowledge of banking products and services to meet customer needs and enable them to achieve their financial goals. Identifies prospecting approaches to identify potential customers and create opportunities to sell financial solutions and ideas to customers.
Work ExperienceRoles at this level typically do not require a university / college degree, but do require related experience or product knowledge to accomplish primary duties. Typically requires 3+ years of related experience. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education, job specific certification(s), and experience (including military service) may be considered.
Additional Job Description
PNC offers employees a comprehensive range of benefits to help meet your needs now and in the future. Depending on your eligibility, options for full-time employees include medical/prescription drug coverage (with a Health Savings Account feature); dental and vision options; employee and spouse/child life insurance; short- and long-term disability protection; maternity and parental leave; paid holidays, vacation days and occasional absence time; 401(k), pension and stock purchase plans; dependent care reimbursement account; back-up child/elder care; adoption assistance; educational assistance and a robust wellness program with financial incentives. To learn more about these and other programs, including benefits for part-time employees, visit pncbenefits.com > New to PNC.
Disability Accommodations Statement:
The PNC workplace is inclusive and supportive of individual needs. If you have a physical or other impairment that might require an accommodation, including technical assistance with the PNC Careers website or submission process, please call 877-968-7762 and select Option 4: Recruiting or contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Human Resources Service Center hours of operation are Monday - Friday 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM ET.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO):
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law.
Refer to the California Consumer Privacy Act Privacy Notice to gain understanding of how PNC may use or disclose your personal information in our hiring practices.