C&IB Associate Relationship Manager
Position OverviewAt PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers. We work together each day to foster an inclusive workplace culture where all of our employees feel respected, valued and have an opportunity to contribute to the company’s success. As a(n) C&IB Associate Relationship Manager within PNC's Commercial Banking organization, you will be based in Raleigh, NC.
This position is primarily based in a PNC location. Responsibilities require time in the office or in the field on a regular basis. Some responsibilities may be performed remotely, at manager’s discretion.
Commercial Banking provides financial services, both in and out of PNC's branch footprint, to companies with sales from $5 million to $50 million. You will be a trusted advisor within a fast-paced, ever-changing environment. Your ability to identify and cultivate relationships will support building networks within the marketplace. You will serve as a strategic partner to clients by adding value and providing best-in-class products and business solutions. Your dedication to growing your portfolio through new and innovative approaches, while embracing continuous opportunities for improvement, will support you and your team's success. In addition, utilizing technology platforms to prospect, network and communicate will differentiate you from other bankers within the industry.
- Performs or assists in banking activities, including underwriting and/or relationship management and/or product suite activities. Works under supervision and may have limited approval and/or exception authority.
- Identifies and appropriately mitigates different types of risk, such as regulatory, reputational, operational and credit. Manages risk and may help ensure quality for new and/or existing clients. May assist in the preparation of offerings and/or scorecards.
- Analyzes information and applies critical thinking skills to design and/or execute client solutions. This may include taking a transaction from request to booking and/or moving a selling conversation from proposal to closed business, inclusive of driving fee income through internal and/or external relationship management. Identifies and/or considers key factors in the decision-making process, such as internal policies/procedures, external regulatory requirements and clients' needs.
- Interacts with internal/external clients to gather or clarify information and/or expand existing client relationships to develop skills needed to independently generate revenue and deepen share of wallet. Articulates recommendations to customers in response to client servicing and product-related inquiries.
- As defined with the business, demonstrates ability to analyze, evaluate and mitigate credit risk by utilizing knowledge of credit fundamentals and internal credit policies.
- Participates in social learning, for example, identifies and networks with business representatives and peers and participates in mentoring, job shadowing and community outreach, to ensure appropriate foundations in credit, product and sales. May participate in formal learning recommended by the business to develop the skills needed to analyze, evaluate and mitigate credit risk by utilizing knowledge of credit fundamentals and internal credit policies.
PNC Employees take pride in our reputation and to continue building upon that we expect our employees to be:
- Customer Focused - Knowledgeable of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions and able to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
- Managing Risk - Assessing and effectively managing all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure they adhere to and support PNC's Enterprise Risk Management Framework.
CompetenciesAccuracy and Attention to Detail – Understanding of the necessity and value of accuracy and attention to detail; ability to process information with high levels of accuracy.Business Acumen – Knowledge, insight, and understanding of business concepts, tools, and processes that are needed for making sound decisions in the context of the company's business; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.Customer Experience Management – Implements the strategies and techniques used to ensure that customers have a positive experience with the organization and its products and services at every touch point.Decision Making and Critical Thinking – Understanding of the issues related to the decision-making process; ability to analyze situations fully and accurately, and reach productive decisions.Effective Communications – Understanding of effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.Flexibility and Adaptability – Knowledge of successful approaches, tools, and techniques for dealing with changes and adapting to a changing environment; ability to adapt as needed.Managing Multiple Priorities – Ability to manage multiple concurrent objectives, projects, groups, or activities, making effective judgments as to prioritizing and time allocation.
Work ExperienceRoles at this level typically require a university / college degree, with 2+ years of relevant professional experience. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education, job specific certification(s), and experience (including military service) may be considered.
Additional Job Description
PNC offers employees a comprehensive range of benefits to help meet your needs now and in the future. Depending on your eligibility, options for full-time employees include medical/prescription drug coverage (with a Health Savings Account feature); dental and vision options; employee and spouse/child life insurance; short- and long-term disability protection; maternity and parental leave; paid holidays, vacation days and occasional absence time; 401(k), pension and stock purchase plans; dependent care reimbursement account; back-up child/elder care; adoption assistance; educational assistance and a robust wellness program with financial incentives. To learn more about these and other programs, including benefits for part-time employees, visit pncbenefits.com > New to PNC.
Disability Accommodations Statement:
At PNC we foster an inclusive and accessible workplace. We provide reasonable accommodations to employment applicants and qualified individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to perform the essential functions of their positions.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO):
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law.
Refer to the California Consumer Privacy Act Privacy Notice to gain understanding of how PNC may use or disclose your personal information in our hiring practices.