Principal Cloud Security Developer
Position OverviewAt PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers. We work together each day to foster an inclusive workplace culture where all of our employees feel respected, valued and have an opportunity to contribute to the company’s success. As a Principal Cloud Security Developer within PNC's technology organization, you may be based in a remote location. This is a remote position. Work may be performed from a quiet, confidential space in a home location, approved by PNC. This position may not be available in all geographic locations.
PNC will not provide sponsorship for employment visas or participate in STEM OPT for this position.
• 5+ years of relevant Development, DevOps, or Security experience in AWS, Azure, or both
• Knowledge and understanding of IT architectures, distributed systems and microservices
• Experience with programming languages and in writing automation scripts (Python)
• Experience with Serverless functions (Azure Function, AWS Lambda)
• Experience with relational databases (SQL)
• Knowledge and experience with containerization (Docker, Rancher, Kubernetes, AKS, OpenShift)
• Knowledge and experience with CI/CD and DevOps tools such as BitBucket/GitHub/GitLab, Jenkins, Azure DevOps, Groovy, and Terraform
• Knowledge and experience with Security / DevSecOps tools
• Knowledge and experience with Cloud Security Posture Management tools (Azure Policy, AWS Config, Prisma Cloud)
• Outstanding troubleshooting/problem solving abilities
• Experience working with relevant cloud security frameworks/guidelines (CSA CCM, PCI Cloud Supplement, ISACA Cloud Computing Audit, CIS, NIST)
• Inquisitive and resourceful – not afraid to network within the organizations to ask relevant questions
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills – ability to explain complex concepts to a wide variety of individuals with varying technical skills
• Interacting with project management team members and key stakeholders on application projects
• Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information appropriately
This is a remote position. Work may be performed from a quiet, confidential space in a home location, approved by PNC. This position may not be available in all geographic locations.
- Aligns business strategy with software solutions.
- Proposes, designs & codes software solutions to address complex business needs. Oversees technical and procedural documentation required.
- Leads complex problem solving.
- Provides technical guidance and support to colleagues and solution development.
- Displays an innovative approach to apply modern principles, methodologies and tools to advance business initiatives and capabilities.
PNC Employees take pride in our reputation and to continue building upon that we expect our employees to be:
- Customer Focused - Knowledgeable of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions and able to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
- Managing Risk - Assessing and effectively managing all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure they adhere to and support PNC's Enterprise Risk Management Framework.
CompetenciesApplication Design, Architecture – Knowledge of application design activities, tools and techniques; ability to utilize these to convert business requirements and logical models into a technical application design.Packaged Application Integration – Knowledge of and the ability to implement packaged application software and integrate it with company applications, databases and technology platforms.Product and Vendor Evaluation – Knowledge of and ability to implement processes for the evaluation and selection of products, tools, services and infrastructure components ensuring they are in line with an organization's business needs and architectural principles.Software Process Improvement (SPI) – Knowledge of formal software process improvement disciplines, and ability to assess and improve the quality and operating costs associated with an existing application.System Development Life Cycle – Knowledge of project management techniques and the ability to plan, design, develop, test, implement and maintain system development life cycle segments and phases.Technical Troubleshooting – Knowledge of technical troubleshooting approaches, tools and techniques, and the ability to anticipate, recognize, and resolve technical (hardware, software, application or operational) problems.
Roles at this level typically require a university / college degree, with 5+ years of industry-relevant experience. Specific certifications are often required. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education, job specific certification(s), and experience (including military service) may be considered.
Additional Job Description
Base Salary: Commensurate with skills and experience
PNC offers employees a comprehensive range of benefits to help meet your needs now and in the future. Depending on your eligibility, options for full-time employees include medical/prescription drug coverage (with a Health Savings Account feature); dental and vision options; employee and spouse/child life insurance; short- and long-term disability protection; maternity and parental leave; paid holidays, vacation days and occasional absence time; 401(k), pension and stock purchase plans; dependent care reimbursement account; back-up child/elder care; adoption assistance; educational assistance and a robust wellness program with financial incentives. To learn more about these and other programs, including benefits for part-time employees, visit pncbenefits.com > New to PNC.
Disability Accommodations Statement:
If an accommodation is required to participate in the application process, please contact us via email at AccommodationRequest@pnc.com. Please include “accommodation request” in the subject line title and be sure to include your name, the job ID, and your preferred method of contact in the body of the email. Emails not related to accommodation requests will not receive responses. Applicants may also call 877-968-7762 and select Option 4: Recruiting for accommodation assistance. All information provided will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
At PNC we foster an inclusive and accessible workplace. We provide reasonable accommodations to employment applicants and qualified individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to perform the essential functions of their positions.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO):
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law.
Refer to the California Consumer Privacy Act Privacy Notice to gain understanding of how PNC may use or disclose your personal information in our hiring practices.