Cloud Security Engineer (Identity Access Management/AWS/GCP/Azure)
Position OverviewAt PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers. We work together each day to foster an inclusive workplace culture where all of our employees feel respected, valued and have an opportunity to contribute to the company’s success. As a Security Engineer within PNC’s Enterprise Information Security organization, you may be based in a remote location. This is a remote position. Work may be performed from a quiet, confidential space in a home location, approved by PNC. This position may not be available in all geographic locations
The Sr. IAM Specialist own enterprise identity lifecycle management activities (provisioning, recertification, Privileged Access Management etc.) across all the AWS cloud environments. Create IAM Cloud Solutions following DevOps pipeline processes and drive new integrations of applications and data configurations. The ideal person will be able to provide system administration and manage IAM environments, such as apply User, roles and scopes of work to a wide variety of cloud products.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
• Provide deep subject matter expertise for cloud Identity & Access Management services, entities, configuration, and best practices.
• Develop any required automation necessary to build, test, deploy, manage, or maintain IAM Cloud Solutions following DevOps pipeline project scopes.
• Manage and maintain any Cloud IAM roles, policies, and other configurations required to support business requirements, application integrations, workloads, regulatory compliance, and other cloud platform efforts or deliverables.
• Provide knowledge leadership in the evolution of our governance, control framework and our IAM Cloud Solution strategy while leading the automation of Identity and Access Management related process regarding workforce management events of onboarding/offboarding/transfers/access requests.
• Design, Develop and Operate IAM controls regarding access controls and certifications following our framework while working with Cyber Security Operations and other stakeholders to implement monitoring processes and correlation of events regarding digital identities.
• Collaborate with various groups and individuals to troubleshoot and resolve escalated production issues in addition to guiding the setup of New Access rules and participate in Log Analysis for the Creation/Modification & Deletion of User accounts.
• Ensure adherence to Corporate IAM policy and the execution of the Access Controls designed.
Education & Qualifications:
• 6-7+ years’ experience within Identity Access Management (IAM), permissions, digital identities, Information Security, PAM and/or data access
• Proficiency with access control, including role mining and design, cloud identity governance, and policy management is a must.
• Must have strong AWS,GCP, Azure experience (cloud identity & Access Management services, entities, configuration, and best practices)
• Experience with automation development skills to build, test, deploy, manage, or maintain IAM Cloud Solutions following DevOps pipeline projects
• Policy and role management experience
Desire Requirements (Not Mandatory):
• Information security/risk management certification such as NIST 800-53, ISACA, CISSP, etc.
• Previous banking experience is a plus
• Solid Excel skills including vLookup and other advanced data analysis functions
• Multi-cloud: 5 years
• Identity & access management: 5 years
• DevOps: 5 years
• PAM: 3 years
PNC will not provide sponsorship for employment visas or participate in STEM OPT for this position.
This is a remote position. Work may be performed from a quiet, confidential space in a home location, approved by PNC. This position may not be available in all geographic locations.
- Provides subject matter expertise when applying security concepts. Leverages technical knowledge and industry experience to design, build, and maintain technology solutions. Responsible for deliverables related to project timelines.
- Responsible for working with architecture to take high level architectural designs and determine the specifics around implementation details (ex: sizing) integration details, onboarding and operationalization.
- Evaluates patches, updates, and ongoing maintenance. Determines impacts to existing solutions when new standards are implemented. Utilizes change control and other governance processes to ensure alignment of solutions .
- Develops detailed implementation, configuration, design, and engineering documentation. Build and implement solutions.
- Works with operational partners to enable transition and day-to-day supportability.
- Provides engineering support to existing technology in a production environment and collaborating with other groups as required. Seeks opportunities to grow a broad knowledge base to complement specific subject matter expertise.
PNC Employees take pride in our reputation and to continue building upon that we expect our employees to be:
- Customer Focused - Knowledgeable of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions and able to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
- Managing Risk - Assessing and effectively managing all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure they adhere to and support PNC's Enterprise Risk Management Framework.
CompetenciesAnalytical Thinking – Knowledge of techniques and tools that promote effective analysis and the ability to determine the root cause of organizational problems and create alternative solutions that resolve the problems in the best interest of the business.Effective Communications – Understanding of effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.Information Security Management – Knowledge of and the ability to manage the processes, tools, techniques and practices for assuring adherence to standards associated with accessing, altering and protecting organizational data.Information Security Technologies – Knowledge of technologies and technology-based solutions dealing with information security issues.IT Environment – Knowledge of an organization's IT purposes, activities and standards; ability to create an effective IT environment for business operations.IT Standards, Procedures & Policies – Knowledge of and the ability to utilize a variety of administrative skill sets and technical knowledge to manage organizational IT policies, standards, and procedures.IT Systems Management – Knowledge of and ability to utilize a variety of technical tools and techniques to guarantee service availability and ensure IT system performance.Network and Internet Security – Knowledge of the features, tools and processes used for maintaining network and Internet security; the ability to develop and implement safeguards for the prevention of intrusion and unauthorized access to an organization's network security system.Problem Solving – Knowledge of approaches, tools, techniques for recognizing, anticipating, and resolving organizational, operational or process problems; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.Technical Troubleshooting – Knowledge of technical troubleshooting approaches, tools and techniques, and the ability to anticipate, recognize, and resolve technical (hardware, software, application or operational) problems.
Work ExperienceRoles at this level typically require a university / college degree, with 5+ years of industry-relevant experience. Specific certifications are often required. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education, job specific certification(s), and experience (including military service) may be considered.
Additional Job Description
Base Salary: $65,000 - $187,200
Salaries may vary within the range based on geographic location, market and on individual skills, experience and education.
Incentive: Role is incentive eligible with the payment based upon company, business and on/or individual performance.
Application Window: Generally, this opening is expected to be posted for 48 business hours from 02/01/2024, although longer with business discretion.
PNC offers employees a comprehensive range of benefits to help meet your needs now and in the future. Depending on your eligibility, options for full-time employees include medical/prescription drug coverage (with a Health Savings Account feature); dental and vision options; employee and spouse/child life insurance; short- and long-term disability protection; maternity and parental leave; paid holidays, vacation days and occasional absence time; 401(k), pension and stock purchase plans; dependent care reimbursement account; back-up child/elder care; adoption assistance; educational assistance and a robust wellness program with financial incentives. To learn more about these and other programs, including benefits for part-time employees, visit pncbenefits.com > New to PNC.
Disability Accommodations Statement:
If an accommodation is required to participate in the application process, please contact us via email at AccommodationRequest@pnc.com. Please include “accommodation request” in the subject line title and be sure to include your name, the job ID, and your preferred method of contact in the body of the email. Emails not related to accommodation requests will not receive responses. Applicants may also call 877-968-7762 and select Option 4: Recruiting for accommodation assistance. All information provided will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
At PNC we foster an inclusive and accessible workplace. We provide reasonable accommodations to employment applicants and qualified individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to perform the essential functions of their positions.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO):
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law.
Refer to the California Consumer Privacy Act Privacy Notice to gain understanding of how PNC may use or disclose your personal information in our hiring practices.