William Peace University, Raleigh
|University Information:|| |
William Peace University is a nationally-ranked, award-winning institution located in one of the best cities in the United States in downtown Raleigh, NC. WPU provides a culture that values diversity, fosters an energized team environment, builds on our strengths, promotes creativity and innovation, and encourages inclusiveness, respect, and open communication by leading with our actions. Our mission is to prepare our students for careers in the organizations of tomorrow. The ideal candidate will have the ability to embrace the five core values, mission, and vision of William Peace University. Join our team and see why William Peace University was voted one of the Triangle’s Best Places to Work in 2017! Follow your passion and make an impact at WPU.
|Purpose of Department:|| |
The purposes of the CRC are to develop and conduct cooperative educational activities within and among the educational institutions which are members and with community partners.
|Summary of Position:|| |
This position supports the mission of the Cooperating Raleigh Colleges (CRC) which is to:
• Build on the strengths and opportunities derived from sharing the same community.
• Build on the uniqueness and power of our particular combination of institutions.
• Communicate the combined value of the member institutions to the community and positively connect the campuses and the community. • Stimulate problem-solving for shared challenges on and off the campuses.
• Function as a clearinghouse for information and resource sharing and a convening for shared interests.
• Work on behalf of students, faculty or staff members in two or more institutions with an emphasis on projects with specific goals and outcomes.
The Multimedia Specialist position is part-time, remote.
The Multimedia Specialist is an employee of CRC and not of William Peace University.
|Essential duties and responsibilities:|| |
The Multimedia Specialist reports to the Executive Director of the Cooperating Raleigh Colleges (CRC) organization. The Multimedia Specialist will conceptualize, develop, design, produce, and edit content for various media projects and oversee CRC’s Channel 18 programming.
The Specialist will:
- manage the Cooperating Raleigh Colleges website including the development/design of new webpages and updates as needed.
- oversee CRC’s partner program with the City of Raleigh’s Television Network (RTN), Channel 18
- reach out to partner schools and secure programming content
- manage the network systems for broadcasting
- establish and maintain effective working relationships with RTN
- assist the CRC Director with development of monthly newsletter
perform other duties as assigned.
|Minimum Qualifications:|| |
Relevant four-year degree with proficiency with Wordpress, Adobe, and developing websites in other CMS tools. The successful candidate will be creative and a self-starter with the ability to work independently. They will be a team player with a passion for education and professional development related projects.
|Preferred Qualifications:|| |
Relevant experience and proficiency in website development and maintenance, creation and delivery of social media, and writing/editing experience.
|Hours per week:||20|
|Job Posting Date:||08/01/2023|
|Priority Deadline Information:|| |
Priority consideration will be given to applications received by the Priority Date; however, applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Documents Needed to Apply
- Cover Letter