Assistant Director, Student Involvement
William Peace University, Raleigh
|Position Title:||Assistant Director, Student Involvement|
William Peace University is a nationally-ranked, award-winning institution located in one of the best cities in the United States in downtown Raleigh, NC. WPU provides a culture that values diversity, fosters an energized team environment, builds on our strengths, promotes creativity and innovation, and encourages inclusiveness, respect, and open communication by leading with our actions. Our mission is to prepare our students for careers in the organizations of tomorrow. The ideal candidate will have the ability to embrace the five core values, mission, and vision of William Peace University. Join our team and see why William Peace University was voted one of the Triangle’s Best Places to Work in 2017! Follow your passion and make an impact at WPU.
|Purpose of Department:||
The Office of Student Involvement at William Peace University strives to enhance the Pacer experience through the development of the whole student from new student orientation to graduation. Our office supports the mission and values of the institution by providing inclusive experiential learning opportunities through transition initiatives, student organization involvement, programming, leadership development and civic engagement.
|Summary of Position:||
The Assistant Director of Student Involvement is a member of the Student Involvement team whose mission is to enhance the Pacer experience through the development of the whole student from new student orientation to graduation. The Office of Student Involvement provides inclusive experiential learning opportunities through transition initiatives, student organization involvement, programming, leadership development, and civic engagement. The Assistant Director is responsible for strategic program planning, marketing, execution, assessment, and student growth & development to engage students outside of the classroom. Additionally, the Assistant Director of Student Involvement is responsible for co-advising and co-supervising the student led Student Government and Programming Association (SGPA). Work schedule varies with programming and activity needs and evening and weekend work is expected.
|Essential duties and responsibilities:||
Student Government & Programming Association (SGPA)
• Serve as a co-advisor to the SGPA including oversight of officers. Assist with event planning and contract negotiation; serve as the primary fiscal agent; assist with developing late night and weekend programming; assist with the recruitment, selection and training process of the student leaders and the general body.
New Student Experience (NSE)
• Assist with planning and execution of New Student Onboarding programs including New Student Orientation and Pacer Welcome Week experiences, including but not limited to chairing the recruitment, selection, and training of the student orientation leaders and assisting with program logistics.
• Serve as the primary contact for Pacer Welcome Week and the Purpose@Peace Engagement Fair including event planning, budget management, risk management assessment, and collaborating with campus partners.
• Work with the Director of Student Involvement to support office initiatives or WPU traditions as directed, included but not limited to the Last Day of Classes Festival (LDOC) and Traditions Dinner.
Registered Student Organizations (RSOs)
• Assist registered student organizations by providing consultation on registration and renewal procedures, providing officer training and guidance, and implementing policies and procedures.
• May supervise Graduate Assistant(s) each summer to assist with New Student Experience initiatives and priorities.
• Hire, train, and supervise Pacer Assistants, undergraduate student office workers, for the Student Life office suite in collaboration with the Office of Financial Aid.
General Office Responsibilities
• Assist the Director of Student Involvement with department budget oversight and annual assessment and reporting responsibilities.
• Serve on university committees as assigned.
• Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field with 1-2 years of related experience; experience with managing multiple projects and working with diverse student populations; effective organizational, administrative, and communication skills; proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, and Google Suite applications. Must be available to work evenings and weekends. Graduate students in their last semester will be considered for a trainee position.
• Master’s Degree in a relevant field
• Prior supervisory experience.
|Hours per week:||Full Time|
|Job Posting Date:||08/29/2023|
|Priority Deadline Information:||
Priority consideration will be given to applications received by the Priority Date; however, applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Documents Needed to Apply
- Cover Letter
- Letter of Recommendation