Assistant Director, Financial Aid
William Peace University, Raleigh
|Position Title:||Assistant Director, Financial Aid|
William Peace University is a nationally-ranked, award-winning institution located in one of the best cities in the United States in downtown Raleigh, NC. WPU provides a culture that values diversity, fosters an energized team environment, builds on our strengths, promotes creativity and innovation, and encourages inclusiveness, respect, and open communication by leading with our actions. Our mission is to prepare our students for careers in the organizations of tomorrow. The ideal candidate will have the ability to embrace the five core values, mission, and vision of William Peace University. Join our team and see why William Peace University was voted one of the Triangle’s Best Places to Work in 2017! Follow your passion and make an impact at WPU.
|Purpose of Department:||
The Office of Financial aid determines and award appropriate sources and levels of aid for students. The department offers extensive opportunities for need and merit-based aid to make William Peace University one of the most affordable private schools in the country.
|Summary of Position:||
The Assistant Director of Financial Aid will support financial aid operations in all aspects of the application, awarding, delivery, and reconciliation of federal, state, and institutional financial aid in accordance with all policies, procedures, and standards established by the Director of Financial Aid. The position will be responsible for administering and coordinating the Federal Work-Study program. This position works closely with the Director of Financial Aid and provides leadership within the office in the director’s absence.
|Essential duties and responsibilities:||
• Advise, counsel, and educate prospective students and their families regarding financial aid options and resources, manage missing information and communications, and respond to student/family inquiries for a selected population.
• Maintain procedures and reports necessary to complete annual federal, state, and institutional reporting requirements and prepare report information for review by the Director of Financial Aid.
• Prepare financial aid award packages using federal and state regulations and institutional guidelines for incoming and returning students in the traditional undergraduate population.
• Stay updated regarding recent changes in federal and state regulations through US Department of Education updates and state, federal, and regional conferences, if finances allow.
• Make professional judgment recommendations to the Director based on documented hardships that comply with federal, state, and institutional regulations, policies, and procedures.
• Oversee and maintain verification records within a third-party servicer system for all students in the traditional undergraduate and School of Professional Studies populations. Complete quality assurance review on files from the third-party servicer.
• Support the Director and appeals committee with Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) appeal requests. Responsible for notifying the student and all applicable offices.
• Assist the financial aid team with creating and generating all Financial Aid communication (both email and print).
• Oversee and process ISIR Alerts to ensure compliance with all federal and state financial aid regulations.
• Review and resolve Federal Pell Grant, Direct Loan, and State Aid issues (i.e., rejects) as they arise between the university, state, and/or Department of Education.
• Import and export records via Colleague – ISIR records, Master Promissory Note (MPN), Entrance/Exit Counseling, Pell, Loan, Transfer Monitoring, reconciliation reports via COD.
• Assist the Director with responding to all requests by the internal auditors for the Single Audit.
• Perform monthly reconciliation of Federal Pell Grant and Direct Loans by federal regulations.
• Assist the Director with delivering and maintaining financial aid content for the university website, PacerNet, and university publications.
• Oversee, administer, and monitor all aspects of the Federal Work-Study program; provide programmatic leadership in student employment, including tracking work-study-related documents within regulations established by the US Department of Education and the US Department of Labor. This includes working with our community partners to ensure they fulfill Federal Work-Study regulations.
• Serve as office liaison to supervisors of student employees. Work with payroll on FWS monthly audits.
• Assist with professional staff training and supervision.
• Participate in University activities and committees that support the mission and initiatives of the University.
• Speak on behalf of/represent the Office of Financial Aid at various campus events (student orientations, etc.).
• Perform special projects as requested.
• Maintain open and effective communication across the university.
• Manage multiple and ever-changing priorities under established time constraints and professionally.
• Demonstrate commitment to student success and quality customer service delivery.
• Handle confidential information with discretion and independent judgment.
• Work effectively with a diverse population of students, families, employees, guests, and visitors.
• Perform other duties as assigned
Bachelor’s degree and two years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or related field and two years of demonstrated successful experience in higher education; two years of financial aid administration experience with federal and state student financial aid programs; experience with Datatel/Colleague application.
|Hours per week:||Full Time|
|Job Posting Date:||09/20/2023|
|Priority Deadline Information:||
Priority consideration will be given to applications received by the Priority Date; however, applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Documents Needed to Apply
- Cover Letter