Adjunct Instructor, Department of Psychology (Continuous Recruitment)
William Peace University, Raleigh
|University Information:|| |
William Peace University is a nationally-ranked, award-winning institution located in one of the best cities in the United States in downtown Raleigh, NC. WPU provides a culture that values diversity, fosters an energized team environment, builds on our strengths, promotes creativity and innovation, and encourages inclusiveness, respect, and open communication by leading with our actions. Our mission is to prepare our students for careers in the organizations of tomorrow. The ideal candidate will have the ability to embrace the five core values, mission, and vision of William Peace University. Join our team and see why William Peace University was voted one of the Triangle’s Best Places to Work in 2017! Follow your passion and make an impact at WPU.
|Department:||Psychology and Business|
|Purpose of Department:|| |
The Psychology Program helps students develop knowledge, skills, and values in psychology, thus preparing them to create meaningful careers, and contribute to the health of their relationships, families, and communities. The Psychology Program offers a Bachelor of Arts degree in Psychology with a concentration option in Psychology Research, as well as a minor in Psychology.
|Summary of Position:|| |
William Peace University seeks qualified scholars for an adjunct faculty positions in the Department of Psychology who have demonstrated commitment to the promotion of interdisciplinary work, teaching excellence, diversity, and possess a collaborative leadership style. The successful candidate should have knowledge of and experience in their selected teaching discipline, as well as experience with and the ability to use instructional technologies to support classroom activities. Priority areas of need are abnormal psychology and developmental psychology.
|Essential duties and responsibilities:|| |
Teaching assignments would include lecture and/or laboratory instruction in courses for the Department of Psychology. Courses are taught in person on campus. Depending on the department’s needs, selected candidates will be offered contracts to teach one or more course-sections for semester.
|Minimum Qualifications:|| |
• A Master’s degree in the teaching discipline, or a Master’s degree with a concentration in the teaching discipline (minimum of 18 graduate semester hours in discipline)
• A demonstrated commitment to undergraduate teaching
• Related work experiences in the field, professional licensure and certifications, honors and awards, continuous documented excellence in teaching, or other demonstrated competencies and achievements that contribute to effective teaching and student learning outcomes may be used to supplement academic credentials if warranted
• Established record of teaching excellence and demonstrated leadership experience.
• A minimum of two years of work experience required
|Preferred Qualifications:|| |
• Ph.D. in the teaching discipline
• 1-2 years teaching experience at the undergraduate level
|Hours per week:||Varies by Course Load|
|Job Posting Date:||07/19/2021|
|Priority Deadline Information:|| |
Priority consideration will be given to applications received by the Priority Date; however, applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Documents Needed to Apply
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcripts
- Curriculum Vitae
- Letter of Recommendation
- Teaching Evaluations